The KAMRA® Procedure
What happens during the KAMRA® Inlay treatment?
The KAMRA inlay treatment restores near vision and reduces the need for reading glasses! So many people are free from the frustrations of presbyopia thanks to the KAMRA inlay treatment. This revolutionary procedure offers a long lasting solution to presbyopia, and we predict it will only get more and more popular as time goes on!
Summary of Important Information (United States):
- The KAMRA inlay procedure may not eliminate the need for reading glasses.
- The KAMRA inlay procedure may cause blurred vision, difficulties with contrast sensitivity, problems with night vision, double vision, ghost images, glare, halos, and colour disturbances. Your eye may also feel pain, dryness, burning, discomfort and look red.
- Other risks you may experience include infection, swelling, thinning, or inflammation of the cornea, and changes in your vision.
- The KAMRA inlay CAN be removed. During the clinical study, after removal of the inlay, vision generally returned to the level the patient had prior to the implantation with the KAMRA inlay. However, this does not guarantee that your vision will return to exactly what it was before surgery or that your eye will not have permanent damage.
- Non-surgical alternatives to the KAMRA inlay procedure include the use of reading glasses or contact lenses.
- Before considering the KAMRA inlay procedure you should: 1) Have a complete eye examination and, 2) Talk with your eye surgeon about the alternatives to treatment, potential benefits, complications, risks, and time required for healing.
Learn more about Kamra inlay treatment by downloading our brochure.